this is controversial and tough, for me at least. Every time I turn on the tv it’s Zumba and the like, or maybe Dr Oz telling us about new weight loss solutions. I go to the store it’s magazines emblazoned with photo-shopped men and women surrounded by headlines about getting rock hard abs or loosing 10 pounds in five days and so on. It’s a constant buzz of visual and auditory stimuli, even my mom looks at me disgusted.
But here’s the thing.
In the end all of that doesn’t matter, it’s unnecessary stress and it gets in the way of life. That’s why I have decided to learn to except my fatness. I know, obesity Eeeeviiil! It slows me down and even hurts at times but that’s not all due to being fat. Most of it is due to my unbalanced diet and I hope that learning to accept myself will change that.
Here’s the way I see it. It’s takinig responsability for me instead of blaming the enviroment.
- If I learn to accept my body I will learn to love it.
- If I learn to love it, I will want to care for me.
- If I want to care for me, I will treat me better.
- If I want to treat me better, I will eat better and learn positive ways to deal with stress.
- If a eat better and use positive ways to deal with stress, I will feel better.
- If I feel better I’ll get out more, have fun and get things done.
This makes sense to me and I’m pretty sure it’s a lot healthier then my other options. I am under no delusion about how challengining this will be. No more magazines, a lot less t.v, a long talk with mom.